CWLA offers recommendations for the next Congressional pandemic relief package, including:
- Include an additional increase in the FMAP and continue to apply that increase to Title IV-E.
- Increase Title IV-B child welfare services by $3 billion
- Expand by $1 billion each the CAPTA state grants and the Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention (CB-CAP).
- Boost Title IV-E Chafee funds above the $143 million by $500 million and temporarily waive the 30% Chafee housing cap for the duration of the crisis.
- Increase Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) funding by 4.1 billion dollars
- Provide emergency funding for Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Sustain the Essential Human Services Workforce